Garden Oaks and Oak Forest aren’t just great places to live. They’re filled with hip bars, amazing local restaurants, and fun outdoor activities…
During this hot Houston summer, I wanted to share with you three of my favorite GOOF places to hang out for fun in the sun!
Best of all…they are all walkable/bikeable to one another and to other great amenities in tree-lined GOOF streets! Talk about local.
First up is one of the places I most enjoy spending an evening: Wakefield Crowbar located at 954 Wakefield Drive.
- Sand Volleyball
- This local GOOF bar is unique in the fact that you can play a game or two of sand volleyball while sipping on an ice cold beer as they have a full bar and 39 beers on tap! I play volleyball here in a Wednesday night league and it’s always a lot of fun. Registration for fall leagues is going on now!
- Steak Night
- As I mentioned, my league games are on Wednesdays, and since Wednesday is steak night…my teammates and I have the option of partaking in a nice big juicy steak afterwards. This establishment serves extremely tasty bar food and large portions for those that have worked up an appetite spiking the ball.
- Happy Hour & Brunch
- Crowbar has a fabulous happy hour daily from 4-8 PM, good food, and great people. They also serve brunch on Saturday and Sunday starting at 10 AM.
- Laid Back, Welcoming Scene
- There’s a lot to love about Crowbar, but maybe best of all is that you can wear shorts and flip flops or even no shoes at all! Bring your pooch along to enjoy the festivities too. Trust me, you’ll definitely want to check this place out.
- Best Garden Oaks Bars
- Best Garden Oaks Restaurants
- Best Oak Forest Bars
- Best Oak Forest Restaurants
- Garden Oaks
- Houston Happy Hour
- Houston sand volleyball
- Houston Sports and Social Club
- Houston Steak Night
- Oak Forest
- Wakefield Crowbar