Let’s focus on keeping your home safe and functional!
No matter how well stocked your pantry and medicine cabinet may be, when officials announce that a storm is on its way, that’s an entirely different story. When you know a storm is imminent, you’ll want to be ready with supplies to protect your home and keep it functional. You don’t want to be scrambling around at the last minute looking for tools and plywood. There could easily be a shortage of supplies at hardware stores if you wait until a hurricane is only
So do yourself a favor and check the garage now to see if you have these serious storm prep supplies on hand!
- Plywood for windows (be sure to buy correct sizes or “cut for use” pieces)
- Tools for instant repairs/boarding home (not inclusive):
- Assorted nail/screw sizes
- Screw driver
- Plastic tarps (used for temporary roof repair)
- Duct tape
- Generator and fuel (only set up a generator outside, 20 feet away from doors and windows and never plugged into a wall outlet)
Missing some of these supplies? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
Here’s a nifty list we created on Amazon to facilitate your storm prep shopping: https://amzn.com/w/36H92N6843TGL
Or check out the map above for a few of our favorite local hardware stores. They’re well-equipped to get you all ready to go!
Be sure to notify at least a couple family members/friends both inside and outside of the city of your status as the storm approaches, whether you plan to evacuate or hunker down.
This entry was posted in Resources
- Boulevard Realty
- C & D Hardware & Gifts
- Dixie Hardware
- East End Hardware
- Harbor Freight Tools
- Houston Real Estate
- hurricane guide
- hurricane preparedness
- hurricane season 2016
- Main Ace Hardware
- Martini Hardware
- real estate
- Rockler Woodworking and Hardware
- Snap's Hardware and Tool Rental
- Southland Hardware
- Stokes Hardware & Supply Co.