If you’re considering a relocation to Houston, you’re not alone! In recent years, Houston has been named one of the fastest growing cities in the country. While some might associate Houston with suburban sprawl, stacked-up traffic, and oil drilling, there’s a lot more to this city than just the well-known stereotypes. These days, Houston boasts a booming economy, loads of entertainment, and a remarkably low cost of living. Thanks to our friends at Great Guys Moving Company and Moonraker Marketing, here are a few other things to know about this great city as you prepare for your move to H-Town:
1. It’s a Great Place to Buy Real Estate
- Though more Houston residents rent than own, the cost of home ownership in Houston is much more reasonable than in other major metro areas. In fact, the average home price is over 6% lower than the nationwide average. Here, there’s an inventory of real estate for a broad range of budgets, so it’s a great place for everyone from first-time buyers to well-established families looking to upgrade.
2. Almost Everything is Cheaper
- Not only is real estate affordable, but almost everything else is cheaper too. From groceries to healthcare costs to a gallon of gas, most of your daily necessities will cost you less in Houston than in other parts of the country. And despite higher than average sales tax rates, the great state of Texas has zero income tax, which means you’ll have more of your paycheck to spend.
3. Getting Around is Tough
- As mentioned before, Houston’s sprawl means lots of time spent behind the wheel. Consistently ranked among the top U.S. cities for congestion problems, the average Houston driver spends 74 hours sitting in traffic every year. The city’s public transportation options are limited, so most people have no option but to drive themselves. If you’re lucky, you might get to call one of the more walkable neighborhoods – like Montrose or Midtown – home, but chances are you’ll still need your car for daily errands.
Despite Houston’s tough traffic conditions and rapid growth, people keep pouring into Houston for its affordability, ample entertainment, and myriad career opportunities. If you are ready to join the crowd in making Space City your new home, give the team at Boulevard Realty a call. We are an independent real estate firm specializing in the Central Houston area and consistently rank among the top brokerages in the city. Whether you’re looking for a contemporary home in Norhill Park or a more traditional build in Woodland Heights, we can help you find the perfect place for you and your family.
This entry was posted in Rediscover, Resources
- Fourth Ward
- Great Guys Moving
- Great Guys Moving Company
- Moonraker Marketing
- Moving to Houston
- Museum District
- Norhill Park
- Upper Kirby
- Woodland Heights