Being confident that you and your home will be safe from damage is very important…
Once you get official word that a hurricane is coming your way, things could very well become stressful. Having a checklist of what you need to do to prepare your home and keep it safe from damage can help immensely. To make things a little easier on you, we’ve created a list of things that you’ll want to get done within the first 24 hours after hearing a storm is coming your way.
- Be sure to have your hurricane stay-at-home stash stocked.
- Board up large or all windows with plywood.
- Try to trim trees and limbs facing your home and be mindful of strong winds. Attempt to get dead trees removed before the storm arrives to avoid them from causing damage or falling in your home.
- Bring outdoor furniture into the garage or house and secure all doors and windows (including garage doors). Don’t forget to bring in or secure garbage cans.
- Seal openings to the outside to prevent water from coming into the house.
- Before the storm hits, turn off and unplug everything. This includes: TVs, pool pumps, and lowering satellite dishes. Keep refrigerator on the coldest setting to assure foods will stay fresh if electricity is lost.
- Be sure to fuel generators and keep your vehicle’s tank full.
- Boulevard Realty
- Houston Real Estate
- hurricane preparedness
- hurricane season
- hurricane season 2016
- real estate
- ultimate hurricane guide 2016